Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Bridal Shower

On Friday afternoon I helped throw a bridal shower at Megan's god-mother's house which was a wonderful gathering of women from all parts of Megan's life...old neighbors, family members, friends of my parents--it was really fun to see everyone and celebrate Megs. Here are a few pictures from the party..
Amy, Hilary, Gail (Nathan's mom) and Brenna hanging out and getting to know one another before lunch started.

Sharon had just had her pool and patio re-done, and it was a beautiful day so we had a great outdoor eating area! Here are Amy (our old babysitter and close friend), Josie (my dad's colleagues' wife), Sharon (Megan's god-mother) and Grandma Hildie (dad's mom)

Aunt Carolyn, my cousin-in-law Julia (Brian's wife), and my Aunt Vernita (my dad's younger sister) enjoying lunch outdoors.

The cousin table--our 3 cousins Amanda, Mikaela and Rachel, and my cousin-in-law Stacie (Jason's wife)
3 of the bridesmaids--Kimi, Megan's best friend from the time she was 18 months old! Emily, a wonderful friend she met in college, and Hope, Nathan's sister. I was taking the picture and Kate wasn't at the shower, but she and Kate were friends from Whitworth. There you have the bridal party!
Megan was not a fan of the idea of a lingerie shower, so all the gifts were practical--except the one from us bridesmaids that we went in on together--we figured she couldn't fire all of us the day before the wedding!
Lunch time! I had asked several different women to bring different kinds of salads and we added french bread and cheesecake to them to complete the delicious meal! Here is Debbie Towery (a former neighbor) and her daughter Angela and I--Angela is now 15 but Megan and I started babysitting her when she was 4 so we go way back! (now she's taller than I am when I don't have shoes on, it's so sad!)


Here are Sharon and my mom--Sharon and my dad met in high school in Sacramento, and then she and him both went to Pacific Lutheran where they met my mom. Then my parents and her all resettled in Sacramento so she's been part of our lives for a LONG time!

The group during present opening
My grandma Hildie has always made us beautiful quilts for any special occasion, and when a grandchild gets married they get to pick their pattern and colors for their first "queen sized quilt" (she always makes twin quilts for us!). Here is the beautiful quilt she made for Megan and Nathan's new bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment