Howdy par-dner! Ok so I received several impromptu lessons in how to "talk Texan" but I soon realized that even those from Texas have different ideas about how words should be pronounced. So, I did the only thing I could do...made up my own accent and said I was a California-Texan....which they all agreed was ridiculous and I could never pull off being a Texan. I just returned from serving on the staff of Houston Presbyterian Cursillo #45 this past week, and definitely feel like I am still trying to recover from the lack of sleep, long days, and time changes...but I am also still floating on a cloud of the love, encouragement, and grace that always comes with a Cursillo weekend. I got to see friends I have made my last several trips to Houston, and I got the chance to make several new friends this weekend--and once again I was reminded of how huge the Body of Christ is and how deep God's love is for each of us, the children that He calls by name. Here are some pictures from the weekend...
Sophie and I with our friend Sam, and the t-shirt we bought him for his birthday from the Bubba Gump Shrimp Factory (it says "my mama says I'm special")...we think he's pretty special too!
Sophie and I--we have experienced every Cursillo-related adventure together this past year, and I'm not quite sure what a weekend without her there would be like...
Sam doing a solo on the saxophone
Back in September, someone made Kernie (our monkey) his own green apron to designate that he's a staff member too...but unlike the rest of us, he chooses not to spend the whole weekend in one role, he likes to make the rounds to the different teams. So Friday Kernie spent the day with his uncle Sam and the rest of the music team leading people in worship and celebration.

Our illustrious spiritual advisors (ordained pastors on staff for the weekend)...yeah...about the hats....don't ask...
Kernie spent Saturday as a spiritual advisor, so they made him a hat, which I don't totally understand, and then sat him on top of the communion cup, and then put whopper candy in the bottom of the cup to be monkey poop...and then they spent the rest of the weekend throwing the monkey poop at the camp coordinators sitting at the next table...yeah it was a wonderfully mature weekend!
So when we took the monkey away, the spiritual advisors got a little sad, so they stole our observing moderator's stuffed chicken--the chicken was being used to illustrate a point earlier in the weekend and then spent the rest of the weekend substituting for Kernie as a spiritual advisor...poor chicken....
My wonderful team I got to serve with all weekend
Sophie and I were helping with something Saturday afternoon, hence the outfits. "Seriously" was picked up by everyone by the end of the weekend thanks to our skit...seriously, it was.
I got to see my first sunrise over the water! It sets over the water out here, so I was very excited to see the water on the east coast...ok so later I was told it was the Gulf Coast, but it still rose over the water, and was absolutely glorious!
We really didn't mean to match most of the weekend...it's just that when one of us finds something with butterflies on it that we think is relatively cute we buy two, then we got there and realized everything in our suitcases matched...
Like our "Life is Good" shirts...here we are with our friend John who we met back in September--John decided our monkey was pretty cool and even made Kernie his own official Cursillo nametag back in the fall!
My new friend Robert and I--we spent all weekend serving together, and he was a HUGE encouragement to me!
We needed hats for something...so we sent out an email asking for help, and received more offers than we could count--apparently a lot of people in Texas own hats! Us putting them on only confirmed to everyone that we weren't ever going to be able to pull off the Texan look.
This wonderful group of women were such a joy to serve with! This was taken Sunday night after our staff party...we were a little tired!
Our spritual advisor, Mike, hanging out with Sam
Uncle Sam hanging out with his neph-monkey at the staff party
Except when Uncle Sam wasn't looking, Kernie finished off his margarita...bad monkey!
Ashleigh, Sophie and I--roommates for the weekend, we are convinced our room was somewhat possessed, we didn't sleep really at all for about 4 nights....
It's been quite a long time, since the New York based escort girls have been in the scene and they have been catering A1 escort services to clients of all types.
ReplyDeleteEscort girls New York have surpassed all other escort girls out there with their A1 services.
All you have to do is to open the website of an escort agency, browse through the various escort categories and make your choice after going through the listed profiles.
The fact about today's fast paced life is that no one has the time or patience to build a lasting relationship. It is even more difficult to maintain an existing relation because of professional and other career related pressures. The only benefit that an individual can get after working so hard is money. So, why not use this money for buying some satisfying experiences.
[url=http://bijouescorts.com]Escort NYC[/url] A New York escort agency's website also allows you book your favorite girl at just a matter of few clicks. While making the booking, you need to specify whether you would be seeking for incall or outcall service. For outcall services, you may also need to mention your address where you want her service. Regarding the privacy and confidentiality of this, you need to be completely worry-free. As a service enjoyer, you just need to concentrate on your game. The rest will be all yours, all tempting!
It's the quality of service offered by the New York escorts that have made New York one of the major escort hubs in the entire globe. All girls are very much educated and they know how to keep themselves clean and hygienic. If you have never used Hugo Boss once in your life yet, don't be surprised to smell it on their skins. They are really very much beauty and style conscious. That's the reason they have been able to mark such a big impression in the psyche of each and every escort fun lovers.
http://bijouescorts.com The agencies make these services purely confidential. Online agencies offering escort services display real images of the sexiest New York escorts for your choice. The services offered by them will gratify your senses to the core and provide you an experience to relish for a lifetime.