Tuesday, February 16, 2010

1,000 Gifts Week 6 (Plus some photos to illustrate!)

I wasn't able to post last Friday, so here's last week's list of some of the things I wrote down in my thankfulness journal that I am thankful for. Honestly, many of them have to do with my little munchkin of a niece. So photos to illustrate my thankfulness points are included :)

101. Safe travel to and from Providence.

102. Even though I had to miss Dave & Tera's wedding, I got to watch the whole thing on line because they had a live webcast of it! It was a beautiful celebration of their relationship!

103. Coming home to my love :) He showed up at the train station with a red rose, and it was so great to sleep snuggled up next to him again!

104. The way Lily has learned how to clasp her hands together, and now plays with her fingers and gets them to her mouth to suck on them. Precious!

105. Smiles that are as precious as anything I have ever seen.
106. The way Lily giggles and coos when you sing to her, as if she's trying to sing along.
109. The facebook comments my hubby left for me while I was gone to remind me how much I am loved.

110. Watching my mom be a grandma. She loves to cuddle with Lily, sing her lots of songs, read her stories, take her for walks--she's absolutely amazing with her granddaughter! (Which is no surprise, it's how she was with us!) (Here she is reading nursery rhymes)
112. Getting to video chat with Grandma and Papa Friday night from Megan's house.(Trying to get Lily to smile for them!)

114. Getting to read for so many hours on the plane. I went through 2 1/2 books this weekend! I read Sarah's Key, The Art of Racing in the Rain, and am about 40% finished with a book called The Help. So relaxing!

117. Watching my dad be a Papa. He dotes on this little girl and absolutely adores her. She's had him wrapped around her little finger since she opened her eyes. She loves him too, he's almost always able to get great smiles out of her! My favorite moment of the weekend was listening to him whisper to her over and over as he rocked her to sleep that Lily was "such a precious little girl, and Papa loved her so much, she is beautiful, she is so so precious." Yes, I cried watching this.Dad helped feed Lily her first taste of oatmeal--she loved it, wailed when it was gone, and managed to slime him and his shirt with gooey oatmeal in the process which just made everyone laugh! The video of it is hysterical, she LOVED eating "real" food!
119. Getting to spend time with my sister. I've seen her SO much in the past year and a 1/2--way more than I had seen her in the past ten years since not living at home! I adore Megan, she is a phenomenal little sister, and is an incredible mom!
120. Watching little Lily be welcomed as a precious child of God!

2 comments:

  1. I went to Princeton with Dave Watermulder, the pastor who looks like he's baptizing Lily. How fun to have that connection as I read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I can say this because I don't have "babies" anymore) Lily is seriously one of the cutest babies EVER! Her smile is adorable. You are one lucky Aunt!

    ReplyDelete