Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Best of my Pinterest...so far

Have you jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon yet? If not, you should. Really, I was skeptical, but it's pretty fun. Especially if you are ever looking for cute, creative, easy ideas for anything related to any area of life. It's a social networking site that allows people to share things they've come across on line and allows others to browse these ideas and "pin" the ones they want to save to their own personal bulletin boards. So you can create a bulletin board for recipes, decorating tips, party ideas, packing techniques, cute quotes, inspirational photographs etc. Then when you do need an idea for something, you have a bulletin board full of suggestions/solutions to any problem. I scroll through about once a week and repin the ideas that strike me, and today went back through the ideas I've collected over the past couple months. Here are a few of my favorites that I thought I'd share with those of you not yet on the bandwagon :)
A great family code
A fun idea for newborn photos
A family memory jar--write down memories throughout the year and then read them together on New Year's Eve. Love this!
A fun before and after baby photo
Need to turn a famous painting into a cake?
Another great family set of rules to live by:
Need large ice cubes for a punch bowl? Try freezing lemon slices in muffin tins of water to make large pretty, flavorful ice! Genius!
Seriously, how cute is this? Way cuter than a veggie try! Next time you serve veggies, break out those vases and martini glasses for the veggies and dip!
Yum. Seriously, Yum. Mini-Caprese bites--tomatoes, mozzarella and basil on a tooth pick for parties.
Need an easy way to store canned goods? Try magazine holders.
Cupboard feeling over run by spray bottles of cleaners? Try hanging a tension rod and hanging the spray bottles to free up space:

Did I convince you yet? Pinterest is where you need to head when you're in need of ideas. Seriously, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment