Well, another year is underway, and for the last time, I survived my first day of school. For now anyways :) I have a couple profs begging me to do a PhD in their fields (the trouble is they are in different field...practical theology, youth ministry or preaching...) but right now I am SO burned out that I can't even bring myself to WANT to do more school! This quarter I am only taking two classes (Christian Ethics and Introduction to Islam, both of which I am looking forward to), but somehow I managed to say yes to being the teaching assistant for three different classes! Yikes! I knew I had my normal youth ministry class, but forgot about the fact that I was also grading papers for the distance learning youth ministry class (which isn't that many students) and then about a month ago I said yes to working for a preaching professor. Which I kind of forgot I agreed to. Until Sunday night when I got an email from him saying "ok! We're all set! I'll see you Tuesday at 1!" So yeah, it's going to be a little bit of a stressful quarter. I also am teaching an adult bible study at First Pres Burbank every Wed. night for the next 4 weeks on Reformed Theology. Kind of a broad topic, I know, but it's all I was given. Thankfully I spent all summer cramming Reformed theology into my brain for ordination exams, so I should be ok, I just need to pull it all together tomorrow before 7!
Not the world's most exciting life-update, but I need to go to bed :) Stay tuned for more in the next few days....
No comments:
Post a Comment