Thursday
On Thursday during the day I had some incredible friends helping with ALL kinds of tasks--making my programs, washing sea shells for the beach party rehearsal dinner, working on place cards, etc etc. It was so fun to have so much help and they did an amazing job! Also on Thursday my parents hosted 40 people at their home for dinner--all those who were in town by that point were invited for different kinds of soups, salad and bread--it was a LOT of work for them I am sure but it was so fun to see everyone! Thursday evening the girls all took me out for a "celebrate the bride" night where we went bowling and then came home where my parents had set up a fondue party for us!
Jenn, Jodi (Chuck's really amazing friend from Florida) and Jean hard at work!
Jenn and Missy at work on another project
While they worked I got to hold Noah, Jodi's 3 month old baby :)
Dad and I
Aunt Ginny & Uncle Mike showed up just in time to help make soup for 40 people!
I had to wear the bridal veil bowling...
Every frame had different rules on how you had to bowl...
Chocolate Peanut Butter fondue!
Friday--Rehearsal Dinner Set Up & Rehearsal
Aunt Ginny & Uncle Mike showed up just in time to help make soup for 40 people!We threw a beach party-themed rehearsal dinner Friday evening which turned out to be SO much fun! We had everyone come in sun dresses, hawaiian clothing etc and totally decorated a room to look as tropical as one can in Minneapolis! We did a great job if I do say so!
Jenn & Miranda, two of my bridesmaids and best friends from high school
Our tropical party--the set up--the kids loved the beach balls!
The rehearsal--getting everyone lined up! We had people stand alternating men and women so that we didn't have 1 line of bridesmaids and 1 of groomsmen--we wanted to communicate that our whole wedding party was standing up for us as a couple, and not just for the bride or the groom.
A father-daughter moment--he was joking about not letting go of my arm when we reached the end of the aisle.

We had 2 fewer groomsmen, so George & Rodd escorted two bridesmaids each. George doesn't look like he minds!
My GORGEOUS attendants! (Jenn, Jenn, Alethia--who was my personal helper for the day!, Megan, Jean--with baby Catie, Miranda & Missy)
Ryan was worried about me eating BBQ in my white dress--so he took part of the wall decorations and made me a smock.
The boys did a hula dance--it was...umm...unforgettable...
Nate, Nathan (my brother in law), Ryan, George and my groom :)
Introducing our bridal party
Even Grandma and Papa got into the beach theme! Papa's suspenders had surfboards on them!
Jean and her adorable baby Catie and I
After the rehearsal dinner we had a party back at the hotel where everyone was staying to hang out with the family and friends in town. Cousin reunion! (Mikaela, Christopher, Erik--Mikaela's fiance, Amanda and I)
I got to see Amy again!! Amy started her relationship with our family as our babysitter when I was 5, she has been such a faithful friend since!
Saturday--time to get ready!
My hair and make up were done by a wonderful woman, Sebastiana, and Miranda did all the other girls' makeup--thanks Miranda! I had asked Amy to come sit with me while I got ready to spend a little more time with her!
My hair is done! I'm not sure what Jenn and I are doing...
Jean and Jenn killing time
Megs and I arriving at the arboretum--the other girls were waiting for us to sing "Goin to the Chapel" as I got out of the car :)
Getting dressed!
The finishing touches--ready to go see my groom!
After the rehearsal dinner we had a party back at the hotel where everyone was staying to hang out with the family and friends in town. Cousin reunion! (Mikaela, Christopher, Erik--Mikaela's fiance, Amanda and I)
Saturday--time to get ready! My hair and make up were done by a wonderful woman, Sebastiana, and Miranda did all the other girls' makeup--thanks Miranda! I had asked Amy to come sit with me while I got ready to spend a little more time with her!
My hair is done! I'm not sure what Jenn and I are doing...
Jean and Jenn killing time
Megs and I arriving at the arboretum--the other girls were waiting for us to sing "Goin to the Chapel" as I got out of the car :)
Getting dressed!
The finishing touches--ready to go see my groom!
No comments:
Post a Comment