Saturday, July 2, 2011

Most Recommended Books

I was recently asked for my list of books I most frequently recommend to people, and that question made me think for about a week! It was a fun one to reflect on, and while I couldn't limit it to 10, I did limit it to 15 books :) I tried to pick books that somehow changed me, inspired me to think differently, or act differently after I finished reading them--books that "stay with you" over time as you think about life. Then below is just a short list of my all time favorite fiction books, that I loved and think others will too but didn't necessarily make the list of "15 books I think everyone should read at some point in their lives!" :) Enjoy, and happy reading!

1. In the Name of Jesus or Life of the Beloved by Henri Nouwen

2. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

3. The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling

4. Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott

5. The Good and Beautiful God by James Bryan Smith (really all 3 books in this series)

6. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

7. Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster

9. When the Kings Come Marching In by Richard Mouw

10. The Great Divorce by CS Lewis

11. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

12. Mudhouse Sabbath by Lauren Winner

13. Jesus Wants to Save Christians by Rob Bell

14. Sabbath Keeping by Lynne Baab

15. Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore

Favorite Fiction/Vacation Reads that I'd absolutely re-read:

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

anything else by Jodi Picoult :)

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

The Shack by William Young

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shafer

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

No comments:

Post a Comment