Hello second trimester! And hello vacation! Week 14 ends tomorrow & I am just now getting around to posting this week's update, it's been a full week! Baby K entered the second trimester last Friday and is now coming in at the size of a lemon--about 3 1/2 inches long from the top of his little head to the bottom of his cute little baby butt, and weighs about 1.5 ounces. Crazy to think that something still so small has caused me to gain more than 1.5 ounces! Our little munchkin is busy sucking his thumb this week, and practicing his facial expressions--and even though I still can't feel anything he's apparently busy moving all over the place in there! I got to feel my niece Brooke kick my hands this week from inside Megan, and that was super cool, I'm looking forward to feeling my own little one flutter around :)Like I said, it's been a bit of a crazy week for us--but full of great people and good times! Last Wednesday we flew to Providence to get ourselves back to the east coast, and turned around to fly to Kentucky on Thursday to meet up with my husband's family for a long weekend at his sister's home. Our 9 month old niece was being baptized so both sides of Rodd and Carroll's family gathered to celebrate the event, which was very fun--it was great to finally meet Rodd's family!
We had a blast with the 4 kids--playing Wii, Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, launching golf balls in their backyard with a catapault their dad made, and just hanging out.
Us with our beautiful niece
Seriously, can you get any cuter??
On Monday we flew back to Providence to spend the rest of the week here with Megan's family. We've been babysitting Lily while her parents work, and have been cracking up at her words and phrases she's been learning. She has quite the vocabulary for a 1 1/2 year old! 
Playing Dominion. I love how much they love playing games!
Delicious homemade BBQ pizzas (or "pizzys!" as Lily calls them) that we enjoyed last night.
We're here until Saturday when we head home for a couple days before heading down to LA next Wednesday. We'll keep ya posted as we travel the country this next month!
No comments:
Post a Comment