Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Week 36--A Very Merry Christmas Week!

Technically we're in week 37 now, but I didn't get a chance to write last week, so here is our week 36 in a nutshell! We got to have a late-term ultra sound at the end of week 35, and we were so thrilled to learn that our little guy looks awesome, and they estimated him to be right about 6 pounds, so now he should be close to 6 1/2 pounds if he's following the typical pattern of gaining a 1/2 pound a week for the last month. It feels like he's gaining more weight at least, mommy's back is getting more and more sore as the days go by! I've made it to the point in the pregnancy where I get to see my OB every week, which I think has been good since she is new to me, it's been giving me a chance to get to know her a bit before we call on her in the midst of labor. We "graduated" from our childbirth class this past week, with a diploma and everything :) (Now we just have to pass that very real life final exam...you know, the part where you actually have to put into practice what you learned!) I'm feeling pretty good, with the exception of my back, which is just sore all the time. I splurged on a real massage last week, which was incredible, and I've decided I'll go back next week for another one (hey it was doctor's orders, she said that was all that was really going to help my pinched nerve!)

We also had the privilege in week 36 to have Charles' sister and her 4 kids here for a few days! It was so fun to see them, to show them around LA a little--they'd never been out here. We took them to wander around Hollywood and then Charles took them to Disneyland for a full day which they loved. They came to our high school youth group's family Christmas party which was very fun, and got to see where Uncle Chuck spends a lot of his time!

My new pregnancy craving? That would be clementine cutie tangerines. I've literally eaten 3 boxes by myself in the past 3 weeks. I think I've definitely been getting enough vitamin C these days! Someone in the grocery store stopped and asked me if I had been craving them (she saw me buying a box) and I said yes, and she said that I must be having a boy because people who have boys crave citrus apparently. I don't know about that, but I do know they are delicious, and I normally don't love citrus!

And I realize this might be the most boring blog post in the history of blog posts. But I'm going to go ahead and post it and see if I have a bit more energy/inspiration tomorrow for some better writing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment