Thursday, June 28, 2012
Looks of Pure Joy
I am attempting to change your diaper, which is becoming more and more of a wrestling match the stronger you get. You seem to believe that if you're laying on your back it is merely the starting position for rolling over. I do everything I can to keep your attention elsewhere, so you will hold still...most of the time it doesn't work. Today your eyes landed on the stuffed animals poking their heads out of a toy net hanging above your changing table. After I was finished dressing you I stood you up and let you reach for them and your eyes were amazing. I wish I had words to capture the preciousness I witnessed. Your beautiful blue eyes were turned up to the line of stuffed friends smiling at you and you stared in amazement as your little hands reached for one of them. You grabbed hold of the ears of Roo and the smile that lit your face was delightful. Pure innocent joy. I hope I never forget the looks of amazement that cross your face and flicker through your eyes when you see something new for the first time.
Labels:
Treasured Moments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that pure joy and excitement that children have. It's such a beautiful thing. And it just gets even better as they grow bigger. Kaelyn will get so excited sometimes, and it's like her little body just can't handle all that joy and it bursts right out of her. I love to watch her delight in things for the first time. It's definitely something to cherish and remember forever.
ReplyDelete