I have reflected a lot lately on Luke 2:19, where it tells us that Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. So many little moments of my days strike me, and I think I am beginning to understand this verse a bit better. Throughout the next year I'll post various moments that strike me that I want to always treasure as my little one grows.
You are nursing your way to sleep for your second nap of the day--cuddled up with me in mine and Daddy's bed. You're nuzzled in my arms and your eyes have just begun to close when the clanging and beeping of a garbage truck outside our window startles your eyes wide open. You look up at me in alarm and start to frantically look around, attempting to see what it is that startled you out of your peaceful reverie. I smile reassuringly and whisper that you are safe, there is nothing to fear. You visibly relax lay your head back in the crook of my
arm and snuggle in to drift off to sleep safe and cozy against me, all of a sudden unconcerned about the noisy truck outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment