**1**
Why do I have zero energy and inspiration this morning? Because my husband and I were up every 30-45 minutes last night. All night. It was insane. We think our poor little guy must not have been ready to go off his reflux meds (which we pulled him off this week) because he was exhibiting the same symptoms he did back in May when we put him on the meds...SUPER restless sleep, whimpering in his sleep, crying before burping etc. SO...the pediatrician is getting a call today asking for another refill of his prescription, looks like he needs a few more months. It's been two nights now of terrible sleep, I'm not sure how many more we can handle!
**2**
It's Friday morning. I love Fridays. So so much. We've started being really intentional about keeping Friday as a family sabbath day this fall, after it was months of my husband feeling like he needed to be working 7 days a week to get everything done that was on his plate. It was killing him, killing our family, and making all of us cranky. Turns out God instituted the Sabbath because it's a really GOOD thing! We've fallen into a comfortable routine of me leaving the house first thing to spend a few precious hours alone in my coffee shop haven. Daddy and baby get time together to play and nap. In the afternoon we have gone on family adventures--we've been to explore the children's section of a book store, we've been to the Venice Beach Canals, we've been to Ventura so Daddy could surf and Aidan and I could go explore the town...it's been so fun to get out of the valley and go play together.
**3**
I'm 2 weeks into my next year of life and I'm excited to say I'm on my 3rd book of the year already! I guess it helps when the first two I picked to read were really great! I started the year with 7, which I wrote about at length last week and then picked up a fun young adult/children's chapter book The Penderwicks of Gardham Street (a sequel to the book I read last year, The Penderwicks). I just started our next book club book: Gentlemen of the Road by Michael Chabon, and I'm not sure what I think so far...but I'm only on chapter 2 so I suppose I should reserve judgement for awhile!
**4**
We're two meetings into our MOPS year and I'm super excited about what's happening! It's been an honor to be part of the leadership team this year, to get a front row seat for how God is moving already in the lives of the moms who have been joining us. We have a ton of new moms attending, and I have loved meeting them and seeing how each of us are walking this parenting journey. It's been a lot of work, probably more than I expected, but so so worth it! It's been fun to actually feel like I'm able to participate in ministry again!
**5**
People keep laughing at how much I travel, even with a baby, and I was able to say for a stretch there (okay a 4 week stretch) that I did not have any plane tickets booked to anywhere for once in my life. Well..not so much anymore! On Halloween Aidan and I are flying back to the midwest to see my sister's new digs in Storm Lake, Iowa (with a stop over at my parents in Minneapolis). I can't wait to be in a place where fall exists! (Although by then it will be almost more wintery!)
**6**
My mom is coming to visit in two weeks, just to play with Aidan and I am SO excited. No major projects or agendas or anything, just playtime with Grandma :)
**7**
So this was week one of my "7" commitment--to not spend money anywhere except at 7 pre-selected places. Honestly, it was a piece of cake this week, but I imagine that within the next couple weeks it might get tougher. It's been really really good though--any time an impulse came up I just said "that's not on your list of 7, you don't need to go buy XYZ, you can go home and make your own coffee or your own sandwich etc."

No comments:
Post a Comment