Saturday, July 9, 2011

Week 13--Sweet Summer Peach! And the not so good part of the week...

So depending on which baby book/website you're reading, we've either just entered the 2nd trimester, or it's coming next week with the beginning of week 14--either way, we're close! Baby K is now the size of a sweet summertime peach, which ironically I've eaten quite a few of in the past few days. The coolest developmental milestone this week is that her little fingerprints are forming! How sweet is that?? He's almost 3 inches long even if he does only weigh about an ounce. For quite awhile both of us were convinced this baby is a boy, but in the past week or two I am starting to think "girl"--so we'll see, we are anxious to find out next month! We'd be super excited with either (at some point in life I'd love to get to parent both) so whichever gender God chooses to give us for this first one is just fine with me! (Like I have a whole lot of control over this!) We're having fun playing with baby names--I will say if it's a boy we're pretty set, if it's a girl it might be a long process in finding a name!

The not so great part of this week is that I came down with what every pregnant woman fears...a good ole bladder infection. Yup, I haven't had one since I was 6.....I'm not sure I'd care to repeat this experience. I didn't realize what was wrong until yesterday when the on call nurse made me come in for a test--glad I did, they were able to get me a prescription right away and rumor has it by tonight I should be feeling better. That hasn't happened yet, I'm still pretty miserable, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the magic drugs do work, and quickly! So for now I'm camped out in my bedroom--well and bathroom--with my book, a movie, my laptop, and heating pad. And water bottles, lots of water. SO grateful that we had such an empty schedule this week and I didn't have to be anywhere or leave home.

What have we done this week? A whole lot of nothing! We went wandering in Discovery Park with Missy on Tuesday which was gorgeous, and for dinner Thursday evening at the newlyweds (Darbee & Reagan's house), but otherwise we've had a mini vacation at home. Before we got married my husband would admit that he's never been a huge reader, and when he was working he didn't have a whole lot of free time to read, but it's been fun to see him start to pick up some books this past year. He's read all 7 Harry Potter books, and this past week started in on The Hunger Games trilogy, which he has been obsessed with. He read book 1 and 2 earlier this week and is part way through the third book now--I'm sure he'll finish today knowing the pace he's been reading them at!

Other than that, not much is new here. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be feeling a bit better--we leave Wednesday to visit family for a week and a half, so I really really hope by the time I have to spend 5 hours on a plane I'll be back to normal! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends!

1 comment:

  1. As someone who constantly has bladder infections I can tell you how to get rid of them. Drink Cranberry juice and lots of it. The acidity in Cranberry juice actually kills the infection without the assistance of drugs. Also between bladder infections you can drink green tea. One glass of green tea (I like the orange green tea or jasmine and orange) a day will keep the bladder infections at bay. I drink 1 glass of iced green tea a day and I haven't had an infection in a year. (Now I'll probably get one)

    ReplyDelete