Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Husband's Latest Adventures

My sweet husband left on Saturday morning to head to the wilds of northern Minnesota for the next month for a 4 week youth ministry leadership training camp that he's participating in. He's working with an organization called Tentmakers Ministry, participating in their Joshua Leadership Institute for youth ministers. After learning more about it and thinking about it quite a bit both of us decided that even though it means he's gone for a month, this is an incredible opportunity for him that we just couldn't pass up. He flew to Minneapolis on Saturday and spent an evening with my parents running errands and getting together all the stuff he'll need for 4 weeks. The camp is about 4 hours north of them, outside a town called Brimson, MN, so on Sunday morning they graciously drove him up there to drop him off and help him get a bit settled before driving home. I'll pick him up September 2nd and we'll relax in Minneapolis together for a couple days (celebrating my mom's birthday and a friend's wedding while we're there that weekend!) before heading back to Seattle. I'm SO excited for this time he has to be away--to be in nature, to be involved in intensive training with others who are passionate about youth ministry--I'm actually a bit jealous, I'd love to go! But apparently some of their activities aren't exactly suitable for pregnant women (and I had other August activities, visitors and trips already on the schedule that I'm equally as excited about!). I'd love to know how things are going up there but he has no cell service and no internet access for the next month. So until I get a letter in the mail, I'll just be waiting and praying that things are going well. (He does have a calling card and will try to use the office phone a couple times during the month to call, but I'm not sure what their rules are about that!) So when I do hear something I'll let you all know how he's doing! My dad took his camera up to camp and took some photos of Charles' new home for me so I could see where he'll be staying this next month--I thought I'd post these for other family who might want to see where he's at--it looks so beautiful, I'd love to go spend time here!

The lake--so gorgeous!
I think this is his cabin? Instead of bunk houses like normal camps have this camp has 18 separate small individual cabins that pastors and youth workers can stay in--giving them some solitude.
The inside of his cabin--a bed, a rocking chair, a table, a wood burning stove, a kerosene lamp
Mom testing out the rocking chair for him
The view out his window...I could come hang out here for a few days, that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a long time! I hope it goes well for both of you. I've been offline for about 3 weeks now and have literally been going thru withdrawl. You need to fill me in on what happened with Chuck's job!

    ReplyDelete