I'm at 17 1/2 weeks now and this little munchkin is the size of an onion! That's a pretty solid sized vegetable if you ask me! The little guy is 5 inches long and weighs about 5 ounces, and is busy forming bones in these next weeks. She can move all her little limbs and joints, and the coolest part of this week is that I felt him move for the first time on Monday morning! It was brief, but distinctly something I'd never felt before. I am not sure I've felt anything since then, but I should start feeling her more and more as the next couple weeks pass. We're getting super excited to find out what we're having--our ultra sound is September 8--and start solidifying a name for this little one. It's been a pretty good week so far! I miss my husband already but he's been able to call me twice so far, which is way more than I ever expected to hear from him. He is having a fantastic time, learning a lot already, and is so grateful for this opportunity to participate in this training. After a month of traveling it's great to be home, in my own bed, but it's been a little lonely here in the evenings without him home! My parents come on Sunday afternoon for the next week, so that will be great--we'll see family, probably go shopping (maternity clothes! Something I'm starting to need!), go exploring a bit & relax.
This is random, but have any of you ever tasted a pluot? A cross between a plum and an apricot, and if you haven't tried it, please...run....don't walk....to your nearest grocery store and try one. Best. Thing. Ever.
I've definitely been staying busy in my time here at home though. I've been catching up on all the "life stuff" that doesn't happen when you're on vacation--like paying bills, responding to emails, house cleaning and laundry. Yesterday I met my friend Jenn in Centralia, half way between Portland and Seattle, for a coffee date. Tuesday night I got to have dinner with 4 great girlfriends here in Seattle--I can't remember the last time I had laughed that hard! Tomorrow I get a hair cut, and hopefully am going to see The Help with a couple friends.
We had a great rest of our visit in Los Angeles with friends after Houseboats. Friday night Charles and Josh got to surf together for a bit and then we joined Jenn and Josh for dinner at a restaurant in Santa Monica that they love called True Food. It's a restaurant that serves all natural, super fresh, organic, and healthy dishes. Chuck left Saturday morning & I spent the rest of the weekend there with Alethia and Ryan at their home. We explored the Los Angeles Arboretum together, and went to an outdoor concert in a local park. Monday I got to enjoy a picnic in a park with a fantastic high school student who I miss dearly--it was delightful to catch up with her a bit more! Such a wonderful vacation! We are so blessed to have fantastic friends and miss them already!
Alright! I think that's about all that's new here in the Emerald City! Enjoy your weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment