
Well it is definitely fall here in the northwest! It has rained a ton today--it was so dark and dreary this morning that we just kept sleeping and sleeping and finally I woke up, realized it was 9 AM and we both leapt out of bed--how lazy can you get?? Then of course we realized we're unemployed and had nowhere to be going...but still!
Since we are both home all day every day now I've been doing a lot more menu planning these past couple weeks because no longer does it work to cook one meal a week and call it good (supplementing with sandwiches, take out, frozen burritos and anything else we were eating while working so many hours). We both really prefer leftovers for lunch, especially with me being pregnant and not allowed to eat lunch meat, which means pretty much double the cooking of "real" meals to have enough for both dinners and lunches. But I've been reminded once again that with menu planning this is not a big deal and totally doable. Here's what's on deck for this week--happy cooking everyone! And feel free to check out OrgJunkie's website for hundreds of menu plans for the week if you need inspiration!
Monday
Lunch: Leftover Sweet Potato and Vegetable Burritos (I made these in the crock pot yesterday--hearty and filling and perfect for fall!)
Dinner: Minnestrone Soup (my friend, Courtney, posted this on her blog last week & I've been craving it since then...) with thick crusty garlic bread
Tuesday
Lunch: Stuffed baked potatoes (this has been one of my new pregnancy cravings for some reason--I can't get enough of a good spud topped with vegetarian chili, steamed broccoli, chopped tomatoes, green onions and a bit of cheddar!)
Dinner: Leftover Minnestrone and bread
Wednesday
Lunch: Grilled cheese or baked potatoes
Dinner: dinner with friends
Thursday
Lunch: Pesto Chicken Pasta
Dinner: Leftovers from lunch
We'll be out of town this next weekend, Friday through Tuesday so no menu plan for the weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment