Thursday, September 15, 2011

Weeks 20, 21 & 22--Time is Flyin!

Life got away from us a bit these past few weeks & I'm just now getting a spare moment to sit down with my computer this evening--I feel like this past month has been a whirlwind! Baby has progressively been getting bigger and bigger, in the past few weeks HE (that's right, if you missed out on the facebook announcement, we're having a BOY!) has gone from the size of:

The length of a banana (week 20)To the length of a carrot (week 21)
To the length of a spaghetti squash (this week, week 22)
Baby Boy weighs about 1 pound and is busy moving and squirming all over the place, which I LOVE feeling. When we had our ultra sound last Thursday we were able to see all his fingers wiggling around which was very sweet. Otherwise, I was really bad at the whole "guess which body part is up on the screen" game. I kept seeing something round and asking if that was his head and the tech kept telling me it was his abdomen. Maybe when he's out in the world I'll be a bit better at figuring out what is his head :) Our ultra sound tech was very sure of his gender though, so we shouldn't have any major surprises come January!

What have we been up to these past several weeks? Well, Charles finished up his training with Tentmakers (a fantastic organization!) September 2nd, and I had the opportunity to go up to the retreat center for the last 2 days of his training to check out where he had been and what he had been up to. We spent the long labor day weekend with my parents at their home, seeing Carrie Underwood in concert (she gives a great show!), helping my parents with some jobs around the house (Charles and my dad stained the back deck and we did some transplanting of some of mom's plants), and celebrating the wedding of some of our friends from Fuller.

We arrived back here Wednesday evening and spent Thursday trying to get a bit organized after being gone for a month. Our first issue to take care of was transportation. We only owned one car, and back in July it was parked on the side of the street while we were on vacation. Someone hit it and completely totaled it, which left us with nothing to drive. We decided to rent a car for the weekend and then spent all day Friday, Saturday & Sunday car shopping. It was quite the process, and we learned a lot, and in the end we bought a 2004 Ford Escape which we LOVE. Every time we get in it we exclaim about how much we love it and how fun it is to drive. It definitely was a great purchase!

The past couple days we've been doing a lot of baby registry stuff, researching products, and creating registries on both Babies R Us and Amazon.com (if you check out our Amazon registry you can check out our very cool baby bedding that we chose--I'll let you guess who in our family definitely approved it!) It's been a fun process, I'm down to figuring out the "big items" (car seat, stroller, crib, crib mattress) since those 4 items take a lot of safety rating research.

I have other thoughts, but those will have to be for a future post. Hope the beginning of fall is treating all of you well!

1 comment: