We are learning first hand how incredibly important it is to take time out and go play. To have a full day to just be outside, even if it's chilly, has proven to be so incredibly important for us. I never really was a nature girl, but since meeting Charles I've started learning how much I really do love the fresh air, the sunshine, the wind, seeing God's creation in all its glory. We did some hiking around California, and I enjoyed it, but I'm not a girl that loves the heat--and most of our hikes were done in the summer, in rather desert-y conditions. This past weekend we had a full day on Saturday with absolutely nothing on the calendar. No youth events, no dinner plans, no nothing. (Don't get me wrong, we love all those things! But a break every now and then is good too!). We weren't really sure what our day was going to hold, but as we were eating breakfast Charles mentioned seeing if we could go take a hike somewhere (it was gorgeous and sunny out). We ended up at Twin Falls Creek which was only about 40 minutes away, and was a great hike--not too strenuous, great views, a mixture of sunny and shady spots. It was definitely a day that was good for our souls!
No comments:
Post a Comment